Make Your Credit Union Better – Opportunities to Serve
Serving on our Board of Directors or Committees
Along with the Board of Directors, MidUSA has several volunteer-run Committees whose job it is to guide and oversee various aspects of running the Credit Union. We rely on volunteers to fill all the positions on our:
- Board of Directors*
- Finance Committee
- Audit Committee
- Governance Committee
- Executive Committee
- Community Involvement Committee
SERVING BOARD OF DIRECTORS OR COMMITTEES is not only a way to serve your fellow members, it’s also beneficial to YOU!
When you serve your member-owned Credit Union, you’ll enjoy personal benefits like:
- Connecting with your community
- Using your skills in a productive way
- Developing new skills
- Strengthening your résumé
- Recognition and achievement
- Personal growth
- Meeting new people
- Exploring new areas of interest
- Making a difference
- Having FUN!
No matter your skill set, you can serve on the Board of Directors or as a Committee Member! We look for volunteers who have a variety of talents and strengths.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES OR SKILLS ?
- Adaptability – Flexible and able to adjust your expectations and actions according to circumstances
- Positive Outlook – See the possibilities in any situation and highlight opportunities
- Organizational Awareness – Perceive and understand the power dynamics within an organization and use this information to create positive change
- Conflict Management – Work through difficult moments with groups or individuals and achieve common goals
- Coach and Mentor – Help others discover and develop their potential
- Influence – Persuade and win support of other people to effectively create or implement change
- Teamwork – Work effectively with others and understand the dynamics of group development that lead to high performance
- Leadership – Accomplish things with others, regardless of your formal role or position within an organization
- Service Orientation – A willingness to serve in a volunteer capacity on the Board or one of its Committees
We also consider volunteers that represent our various member demographics, including geography, occupation, experience and more. We strive to ensure our governing groups accurately reflect our membership.
If you are interested in a volunteer position with MidUSA Credit Union, please contact MidUSA’s Human Resource Department.
*A regular term of office for the MidUSA Board of Directors will be for a period of three (3) years. Each Board Member may serve a total of three (3) consecutive three-year terms. Any Board Member actively serving on the Board prior to 2017 will be permitted to serve one (1) additional three-year term, if elected, after the completion of their current term.